Thursday, March 27, 2014

Jamie goes Moroccan

Just back from Morocco I stumbled about a Moroccan inspired Jamie Oliver recipe that ticked all my boxes - I adore cooking with lamb and I had all the necessary vegetables and spices. I didn't have sweet potatoes so used butternut squash instead. And I didn't used lamb fillets but a shoulder of lamb, so no pleating, just rubbing the spice mix into the meat, chopping up the veg and letting the oven do it's magic. The smell that drifted out of the kitchen was heavenly and very authentic Moroccan. Served on a bed of couscous and with a glass of red wine it was a dish worth serving even the most discerning dinner party guests. Très bon!

6 comments:

  1. if you lived by me i would make you a polish easter basket! i love lamb and this looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, I love Jamie and I adore Moroccan food, it's a win win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! The dish looks wonderful. I think shoulder of lamb would be a better choice for this type of cooking than lamb fillets. I will try this dish but will have to have some other dishes for Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks scrumptious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spices in this recipe sound wonderful - using cumin, coriander, rosemary, ginger and fennel seeds must have given so much flavor to this Moroccan Lamb Stew! Wonderful recipe and presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really does look tre's'bon!! I can imagine the beautiful aromas, afiyet olsun!:)

    ReplyDelete